The Malta Institute of Taxation is dedicated to the diffusion of knowledge and the equitable practice in the field of taxation in Malta.
It fulfills its mission through:
• Enhancement of educational opportunities for practitioners and legislators.
• Publication of literature that enhances taxation related research resources.
• Review of, and comments on, current and proposed legislation and operational methodology.
• Participation in European taxation forums that are intended to influence European wide taxation issues.
• Regular discussions with the legislative and administrative arms of the local administration with the aim of enhancing taxation related legislation and its enforcement.
The Institute is an independent and autonomous body made up of, and run by, tax practitioners. It generates its own financial resources which are applied towards the achievement of the above mission.