Amendment to the Eco-Contribution Act
The Eco-Contribution Act has been revised by Act XIV of 2020 published on 3 April 2020.
Act XIV introduces the following:
- an enabling provision allowing for the enactment of regulations for the remission of administrative penalties;
- an amendment to the enforcement powers of the Commission for Revenue;
- provisions concerning the method attribution of payments received by the CfR to eco-contribution and penalties due;
- the designation of ‘Representatives’ of the person liable for eco-contribution under the Act and the scope of the obligation and liability of such Representatives;
- an amendment to the procedure concerning the serving of notices.
Click here for a summary of Act XIV of 2020.