Malta Budget 2021 – Social Measures
On 19 October 2020 the Minister for Finance and Financial Services, Prof. Edward Scicluna, delivered the Budget Speech for 2021.
The following is an overview of some of the social measures announced:
- Cost of living increase of €1.75c;
- An additional day of leave for employees;
- Children’s allowance supplement of €70 or €50 per child (depending on family income);
- Increase in the thresholds for In-Work Benefit;
- Another COVID-19 voucher scheme will be launched – eligible persons will receive vouchers of €100 of which €60 will be redeemable against purchases of accommodation and restaurants and €40 for other purchases;
- Extension of the Wage Supplement until at least March 2021.